Monday, December 8, 2014

Hello Luscious!



This pretty quilt belongs to Sandra.  The fabric is "Hello Luscious" by Basic Grey for Moda.   The pattern came from the book "Precut Quilts" by Janie Lou. It is very fresh feeling.


We decided on the "Tickle" panto and a very soft green So Fine thread.  Sandra provided a Hobbs Tuscany Silk batting.  I had never tried that particular batting before.  It felt kind of rough when I took it out of the package, but it quilted up very nicely. I expect it will drape very well after a little bit of use.  I will be curious to see how it wears compared to a more traditional cotton batt. The only down side is that it is not recommended to put the silk batting in the dryer.




I absolutely loved the border fabric Sandra chose - Tweetly Tweet by Cloud9 Fabrics.



2 comments:

  1. Truly superb quilting ,lovely design and fabrics to match. Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and the quilting design works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete