Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy New Year!

Now that the baking, wrapping, visiting, eating, volunteering and travelling are all done I am looking forward to getting back to more of a normal routine that will include more regular posting here!

I did manage to find a wee bit of time during the holidays to start back up on this project that I haven't posted about since May!   I have four rows complete, and now the blocks are ready for the last three rows.






2015 was a wonderful year for Night Owl Quilting & Dye Works.  I quilted 70 client quilts - a number that surprised me as I didn't realize I did that many while still working at my day job in the office of the local Funeral Home 2 days a week.

I am blessed to have a wide variety of quilts come into my studio.  I enjoy helping someone finish a  quilt that will be used and loved everyday, and over this past year I have grown to enjoy helping finish those extra special time consuming quilts that quilters spend countless hours on. Those kinds of quilts used to have me shaking in my boots, and I would spend a lot of time second guessing myself when trying to come up with a plan to tackle the hand applique, or large open areas. Although I still need to pause, and I am more confident in my ideas and abilities - I guess experience really is the best teacher.

Here are some of the highlights of the custom quilting from 2015.  (You can click on the title above each to go back to original post to see more photos.)



 


 































 






Thank you to all  my wonderful clients who trust me with their masterpieces!  I can't wait to see what will come through my studio doors in 2016!












No comments:

Post a Comment