Friday, May 27, 2016

Full Spectrum


This striking quilt was made by Bonnie for one of her granddaughters.  The pattern is called Full Spectrum by Rebecca Boline.  When I saw the bold and fun backing that Bonnie provided, I knew I could have a little fun with the quilting.


I used a varigated rainbow colored thread over the colored sections.  I just wanted to add some texture without fighting with the fabrics.


I opted for a shiny blue thread on the solid black fabrics, instead of the variagated as I didn't want to take away from the way the solid black set off the rest of the quilt. Loops in the small black sashing, and swirls and bananas in the outer border.




A very cheerful quilt, for not quite such a cheerful day outside.






1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is bright and beautiful, quilting the perfect finish and it doesn't dominate the pattern. Lovely threads you chose, and not a snowflake in sight!!( yes, I so much like the snow as a backdrop for your photos).

    ReplyDelete