Thursday, May 24, 2018

Radio Silence Lifted


It has been more than 5 weeks since I found time to sit down and post something to this blog!  I am finally back to my more normal routine after a month filled with many wonderful things - being one of the costume moms for the school musical, directing the Parkland women's choir in our year end  concert, a couple of birthdays, a recital, some company, my day job, a couple of trips out of town and some other things I know I have forgotten!  I did manage to do some quilting in there too, and I have some lovely client quilts to share with you, but for today I will share some little projects that got done.  

My couch was in dire need of new pillow covers so I used some left over jellyroll pieces to make four covers with a braid design..  I kind of made it up as I went along.  Quilted the fronts on one nice long piece of backing.


I added a simple envelope backing and  bound the edges as I am really liking the crispness of that look.






Daughter#2 and I worked together to make this Log Cabin Cross Mug Rug/Wall Hanging as a baptism gift for a friend of hers..  I purchased the Patchsmith Pattern on Craftsy.  It cost less than $3 Canadian and someone else did all the math and planning! I printed off the paper piecing templates and we were off the races.  Kendra picked up paper piecing very quickly and this little project was the perfect way to learn something new.


I popped this tiny piece on the longarm for the quilting, and Kendra added her personalization to the back,


I also had the pleasure of quilting two of the eight quilts that the Nimble Thimbles quilt group in Gilbert Plains, MB sent to Humboldt, to respond to the call for Quilts for Broncos after the tragic bus accident involving their hockey team.


  I was able to load both quilts on one backing .




I used two different free motion designs, as I enjoy that but don't do it all that often.  This gold bordered one got the topographical map line design and the green bordered one got curly 3's and e's.














1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pillow covers! and the cross / baptism gift! and the Humboldt quilt quilting! (I guess that I love all of it!)
    Thanks for sharing how you did the pillow covers - I just might give that idea a try!

    ReplyDelete