Thursday, April 16, 2020

Minnesota Memories


This wonderfully detailed quilt was made by Megan.  The pattern is called "Minnesota Memories" by Helen Thorn of Pine Tree Lodge Designs.  Megan has amazing piecing and embroidery skills and all of the tiny details in the quilt came out perfectly!   


All of the quilting was done in Superior Monopoly Invisible thread.  I think is was the right choice to reduce a lot of extra starts and stops and to let all of the wonderful fabric choices and piecing details be the star with the quilting in the background.  I'm just going to share lots of pictures as there is a lot to enjoy about this quilt!



I love the detail on the second mosquito!



The birch bark fabric behind the ticks was so perfect.













2 comments:

  1. I am looking for this pattern book. I had it years ago and most of the pages are missing. Long shot but would you have any idea where I might find this discontinued pattern book? I have searched google/facebook/etsy/ebay and Amazon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the 12 block of the month packets.... are you interested.... not a book but pattern and fabric packages....

      Delete