Friday, March 25, 2022

Front Porch Quilt


I had the pleasure of adding some custom quilting to Holly's  "Front Porch Quilt."  The pattern is from Quilter's Candy and utilizes the 3-D flying geese method in which the two short edges of the geese are folded and open (flapping) on the quilt top.  


Holly knew exactly what she wanted for the quilting, and we talked about the pros and cons of leaving the geese edges open and floppy and the decision was that they should be stitched down.  Holly stitched them down before bringing the top to me, which saved me a lot of extra time and therefore reduced the quilting fee for Holly.


My Innova longarm has a feature that I don't often pay attention to.  In addition to keeping track of the lifetime of stitches that the machine has taken,  I can reset this second counter to see how many stitches I put into an individual project.    Holly's quilt was 53" x 69"  and it took 193,530 stitches to add the pebbles and curls!  Thankfully once I put the machine into manual mode and get into the zone I do find pebbles quilt relaxing to quilt. 


It is so fun when a client comes to me when a very specific vision for a quilt and I can bring it to life for them.








 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pebbles, a lot of stitches, and the colour graduations up and down the geese is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete