Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Petal Junction - Little Forester Fusion

 

This is the second sample that I made of the new Highway 10 Designs pattern called Petal Junction.  I used a mix of solids and blenders from a variety of designers and prints from the Little Forester Fusion collection from Art Gallery fabrics.  The background is an Art Gallery solid in a color called Crystalline.

Petal Junction works with either FQs or Half Yard cuts and I decided to use 16 Half Yards to make this generous double quilt (seen below on my queen sized bed).

Many of the printed fabrics from the collection were directional, but the pattern instructions make it easy to keep everything headed in the right direction.

One of my favorite parts of this particular quilt is the back.  

In the pattern we suggest that you sew an extra seam at times during the construction process to create some Bonus HSTs from what would otherwise becomes scraps.  With the bonus HSTs and some extra background fabric, I was able to piece all of the star blocks that float on the quilt backing.  I love my Bloc Loc ruler for trimming the HSTs - one of the best investments in my quilting studio!

I decided to use the Bora Bora for the quilting and treated myself to some lovely wool batting for some extra loft.

Petal Junction is available as a PDF download or in paper formats on the Highway 10 Designs website or the Etsy shop.





1 comment:

  1. As always, another amazing design, and a close-up shows the owls sitting there, what a delightful fabric to show. Maybe this is a keeper for you.

    ReplyDelete