Saturday, November 26, 2022

Two for Fern and Binding Services

 


Fern sent two lovely quilt tops that were pieced by her sister who lives in another province.  Fern wanted to help get these quilts across the finish line.  I was happy to do the quilting and send them on to my associate for binding - more on that later.


Fern prefers lighter quilting so I tried to choose pantographs that weren't too dense.  The sage green quilt received the Mimosa pantograph.




This pretty blue quilt received the Windswept pantograph which really has become one of my go to favorites.


Both of Fern's quilts were returned with completed binding. I don't have the time or interest to offer binding services myself but I have found someone to partner with to offer this service to my clients.  Marion has perfected her machine binding technique and says she enjoys the process.   If you are interested in this service, all you need to do is provide the binding fabric.  Marion will make the binding, attach and finish it by machine for $.20 per running inch.


Here are some close ups so you can see how beautiful Marion's work is!



Fern was happy to receive her finished quilts ready to use.




No comments:

Post a Comment