Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Caught up

I have been working on the Just Takes 2 block of the month project and am happy to report that I am caught up.  I had fallen a little behind with the arrival of my machine and all the excitement that it involved, but the 15 outstanding blocks are now done, bringing the total complete to 56.

This has been a very interesting project with everything from applique, paper piecing, traditional piecing and even a little hand piecing!  I still like paper piecing, hate hand applique - so now those are being done by machine, and I have learned to see the value in hand piecing certain kinds of blocks.  The project is designed to be done in red and white, but I am using my hand dyed fabrics samples instead.  There have been instructions to piece blocks together into 2 sections, but I think I will wait on that until the end so that I can arrange the colors in a more pleasing way.  Here are the blocks in the suggested lay out.


My good friend and dyeing partner Kathy is working on the same project, although I'm not sure if she is enjoying it as much as I am.  I wonder how Kathy is making out with her blocks?  You can check in on her at http://tamarackshack.blogspot.ca/ and  while you are there get in on her summer giveaway of some hand dyed fabrics, just like we are using in this quilt.

I also wanted to share the gift I received from my friend Sandra. She when she saw it she had to get it for my new business.  It has found a perfect home in my studio.  Thanks Sandra it was really thoughtful and I love it!




1 comment:

  1. Looks like this might be the kick in the butt I need to get moving on my blocks again, yours are looking great! I am 3 units behind...soon to be 4!

    ReplyDelete