Monday, September 10, 2012

Wild Flowers!

This is the latest quilt to make it off my machine.  It is definitely bold and wild. Not my normal taste, but I put a panel and 6 fat quarters to good use.  Backing is one of my hand dyes.   I used my Wildflowers panto and Quilters Dream Puff Batting.  It was very nice to use up all the little bits of leftover fabric into a scrappy binding.

I have been busy dyeing and over dyeing some fabrics trying to get just the right combination of color for a pattern I volunteered to test for another blogger.  I love the two batiks I pulled from my stash, and finally have the right burgundy to go with it.  The right yellow is still eluding me.  One too peachy, one too bright.  Sometimes dyeing goes exactly like you expect and sometimes it just feels like a big guessing game.  Back to the dyeing room for round 4.

1 comment:

  1. Burgundy looks wonderful Lori, love the bottom batik. I am working on a shadowbox quilt that I think is beautiful. I am doing it with connecting threads batiks. Google shadowbox quilt tutorial and the pattern will come up. I am making it bigger