Thursday, May 2, 2013

Woodland Butterfly



This is Bev's Woodland Butterfly that she made for her granddaughter.  The pattern uses a 10 degree wedge tool and can be found in the book "Quilts Without Corners", by Phillips Fiber Art.  Bev did an amazing job piecing the 50" circle into the backing fabric. (I'm glad she did that part instead of me!)


The brown background fabric got and allover windy meander with some flowers added to larger corner areas for a little interest.



I stitched in the ditch in all the butterfly seams and added a few wiggly lines and some chevrons to add simple details in the larger pieces.  The green background got the 3's and E's treatment.


And a little swirl in the outer border.


I was able to get good pictures of the quilting on this quilt thanks in large part to my wonderful husband. Nolan has a hard time getting rid of things that could be used "for something."   This tendency worked to my advantage this time as he was able to rig up a hanging bar and clips for me in front of the fireplace in our living room all from found objects.


 There are four windows that give me great side light, and I am able to hang the quilts without any help.  Thanks Honey, you're the best!

3 comments:

  1. The hanging rod looks like it is going to work very well. The handy Nolan to the rescue again. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great quilt. e's and 3's is such a great background too. And I have hanging rod envy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Оригинально и очень красиво! Интересная идея изобразить бабочку, необычный способ. Классно!

    ReplyDelete