Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Allie Owl


I quilted this cute owl wall hanging as my first project back to make sure my longarm was working properly after the move.  My friend Reneta pieced the top for me.  The pattern is by Elizabeth Hartman and is called Allie Owl.


The quilting on the owl was pretty easy for me to figure out, but how to handle the back ground had me stumped and ripping a bit.  I am really happy with the final design choice now!






I was asked by my daughter to make a travel pouch for her new wireless head phones.  I came across this "Multipurpose zipper pouch" by Peggy Sews that was just the right thing with its tapered shape and flat bottom.  It comes in 5 sizes with a free easy to print pdf.  You can find it on the Peggy Sews page  here.  I used Soft and Stable instead of batting and added a few quilting lines, but otherwise I followed the instructions and will definitely make it again.






No comments:

Post a Comment