Friday, October 15, 2021

Bold and Beautiful

 


I had the privilege of quilting this beauty for Barb.  The top was pieced by Anne Reimer, who sadly has passed away, and Anne's friends and family are working to get her quilt treasures complete.

 
All of the colouful fabrics in the quilt's body and the applique border are hand dyes that Anne did herself.



The top really didn't need me to do anything to make it beautiful, so Barb and I opted for the "less is more" approach.  Barb selected the Raindrops pantograph for the body of the quilt. 


For the outer border I stitched around the applique and added a simple piano key border.  To determine the spacing of the piano keys, I looked to the piecing in the body of the quilt.  All of the quilting was done in a slightly off black thread.









3 comments:

  1. Quilting friends are like no others. Such a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the name of the quilt pattern?

    ReplyDelete