Friday, June 17, 2022

Homecoming


Friends Shalane, Reneta and Amy worked together to make this lovely quilt for a coworker who is retiring.  The pattern is called Homecoming by Lo and Behold Stitchery.


The group was quick to agree on the Gatsby pantograph to finish this one off.  I think they made a great choice.  Choosing thread for quilts with high contrast is always a little nerve wracking.  I was very confident in the charcoal thread that was slightly lighter than the background until I took the first few stitches on the light peach.  I consulted the group and the assured me they were good with the choice.  In the end, when there is thread covering the entire quilt top, I love the choice and I know it was a good one, but I'm sure I have a few more grey hairs because of it!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment