Monday, September 26, 2022

Pretty in Pink


Fern brought this pretty quilt top for finishing.  Fern's sister pieced the top, so Fern didn't know too much about it when she called me.  I was surprised to see that many of the angles were made with a folded edge technique that left a lot of 3D/floppy edges.


I felt the only way that I could successfully quilt the top was to do a freehand design from the front.  If I were to attempt a pantograph from the back my machine foot would inevitably get caught in the loose edges and create chaos.  


I doodled some different designs and Fern liked the "3's and e's" so I was happy to proceed with that.  I had to be very careful and did flip the fabric a few times which required some ripping and fixing, but overall it went really well.


Fern also opted to have the binding completed by Marion -  a talented quilter I have been working to offer machine binding services to my clients who request it.  All that is left is for Fern to enjoy her quilt.





No comments:

Post a Comment