Friday, February 2, 2024

Simple Triangles - ROYGBIV



This was the first quilt I made for my first grandchild.  I had seen a similar triangle quilt used to take monthly milestone pictures and I loved the idea.  I headed out to see Jennifer at Needle Craft and Studio to select a fresh new rainbow of 1/4m cuts and I also found the sweetest rainbow confetti background fabric.  My friend Kathy (Tamarack Shack) made a set a milestone number circles which make the milestone photos perfect.


I decided to add custom quilting. A pantograph certainly would have done the job, but I had the time and thought it might be fun.  I add one design in all the background squares and a unique design for each color.  I was very happy with the end result.





The fun lime green flannel backing was a Northcott flannel which is always a great quality.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment