Sunday, February 4, 2024

Woodland Baby Quarter Sections


This is the 2nd baby quilt that I made for my first grandchild.  I asked my daughter if she had any requests for a quilt.  She didn't know if she was having a boy or a girl, but had decided on a woodland theme.  She said that she would like me to use one of my Highway 10 Designs patterns.   I was surprised at this request but was happy to oblige once we happened upon a super cute fabric collection.  


Quarter Sections is a fat quarter friendly pattern that is available from the Highway 10 Designs website in both instant PDF download or traditional paper formats.




For the baby size, you only need 5 fat quarters and some border and binding fabric.  We chose three prints from Northcott's Woodland Adventure collection - two for the body and a directional print for the border.  I added three blenders from my stash to let the prints shine.


I decided to quilt it using the Oak Breeze pantograph.


I added two of the fabrics to the back to use up some extra I bought and keep things interesting. The top is the perfect size to fit on one width of regular fabric which is a bonus.


Here is Finn thoughtfully posing for a picture on his new quilt.    



No comments:

Post a Comment