Friday, June 8, 2012

It's here, it's here, it's here!

Wednesday was a very exciting day when I saw this truck backing up into my driveway.

On it was my new Innova which looks like this when it arrives.



It came on a pallet and one long crate.  We had to peek in the boxes sure make sure everything arrived in good condition and this is what we saw.


We had company from Flin Flon for the evening so wine and visiting took priority over setting things up, but we did get everything moved downstairs.  Luckily there is a very conveniently located window into my sewing area, as there is no way the 12' poles would have made it down the basement stairs and around the corner.




So yesterday I started sorting out the parts while my husband was at work.  The pieces to an Innova look a lot like a grown up sized Meccano or Erector set.




 Here is the pile of nuts, bolts and washers.  There are over 190 bolts.  Everything is extremely well labeled so it really isn't too bad.


The instructions say to expect to need about 6 hours to get things together.  I didn't know when we would find six hours together at the same, so I thought I would get a head start and I was able to get the caster/feet assemblies and a good start on the sides of the frame together all on my own. (Not bad for a person who can't use her left index finger!)


After supper we had about an hour before I had to leave to go to the guild meeting.  We made some pretty good progress.


 After soccer Nolan worked at it a little more and got the frame and under carriage together and squared up.  I was able to roll it back and forth and that was pretty exciting.

  If all goes well we should be able to get the rest of it assembled this evening!! 
Look how much smaller that pile of bolts and nuts and washers is!

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you. I would love to have a long arm. Have fun with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!!
    a new addition to the family that doesn't require "pampers".....lol
    best of luck in your long-arm quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just showed all the pieces to Vic, he asked who was putting it together, I told him your wonderful husband that would do anything for you. He just said good for him, and not to even think about it. Can't wait to see your first project. Luck you. Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhhh, how exciting. Can hardly wait to see what magic you will do with your new toy. Enjoy. There might have to be a road trip in the future with a few friends and maybe a mini retreat in your new studio. LOL
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete