Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Flying Paisley


This cheerful little lap quilt was made by Reneta with some leftovers from a jelly roll quilt.  We decided on the Flying Paisley panto and I think it adds great movement to the quilt.  I used a bright purple magnifico thread.  


Reneta loves cuddle backing, and I used Quilter's Dream Puff batting.  Cuddle and puff is a favorite combination of mine.


This quilt is a gift for a family friend who is graduating this year, so I added her name and Grad 2015 to a couple of the flower petals.  It is a little hard to see in the picture, but I was pleased with the effect.  The personalization was subtle, but seemed fitting.  It is a little easier to see on the back.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, the design, the quilting, and such a personal touch with name and year, a treasure always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ladies! It is so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete