Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Walk in the City

I can't believe it has been almost a month since I lasted posted something here!  Life has been busy, and time on the computer just didn't seem to be found.  Hopefully I can make up for it as I have been working on some lovely quilts.

The is Eileen's version of Walk in the City by Elisa's Backporch Designs.


Eileen decided on the "Wrought Iron" panto.  I think it suits the quilt really well.  Although it is hard to see in the photos I used a shiny Maginifico thread in a dark steel blue.  I wanted in to have a bit of presence everywhere on the quilt.


Eileen provided a lovely navy Stonehenge backing, and I now have it in stock as one of my wide backing options.


The sun wouldn't cooperate so you don't see any texture in this picture, but the colors are pretty accurate and you can see the cool print on the border fabric.


I did find some time to finish my third row in the mystery leaf row quilt.  Aside from being an attractive leaf the stems are 3d which adds a nice bit of interest.


It only took three months for me to go a little rouge and put my blocks together differently than the instructions.  The sample we saw have coloured fabrics bordering the leaves.  I decided I wanted them to float so I added more background fabric and just added the colored sashing pieces.




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt! And Lori, you're such a rebel! (talking about the leaf row!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have found time to post. Eileen's quilt is beautiful. That leaf row quilt is just so intriguing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the quilt too and the way you put your leaves together is how I would have done it too.

    ReplyDelete