Friday, November 30, 2018

Lug Nuts Raffle Quilt




My good friend (and prolific client) Reneta and I joined forces to make this version of the the Highway 10 Designs Lug Nuts pattern.  We are donating the quilt to the senior band at our local high school (that both of our babies belong to) for a fundraising raffle. 
Want a $2 ticket to win this beauty? - I can hook you up!



This quilt was truly a team effort.  Reneta provided the top fabric, and I the backing and batting.  I cut the strips, she sewed strips sets, I cut again, she made the  half hexagons, we laid it out together with the "help" of her cats and a glass of wine.  She finished the top, I quilted it.  I made and attached the bias binding, she hand stitched to the back.  


We added the two spare hexagons to the back for a little fun.  It was quilted with the Fascination pantograph and a shiny charcoal grey Maginifico thread.



Lug Nuts is fun and easy to make - this was Reneta's third!  Check out #1 here and #2 here.  The pattern is available in the Highway 10 Designs Etsy shop or contact your favorite quilt store.  Wholesale inquiries welcome to highway10designs@mymts.net 


Again, I can hook you up with tickets - draw date is January 26th, 2019!



No comments:

Post a Comment