Sunday, July 28, 2019

A Few Last Finishes


I have been busy finishing up a few small client quilts in my studio over the last few weeks as our moving date was fast approaching. We are leaving the Dauphin for new adventures in Selkirk,  Manitoba!  My studio will be closed for the month of August while we get settled, but I'm happy to take bookings now for the fall. nlsuss @ mymts.net (Remove spaces)


The first two quilts I/m sharing were made by Reneta.  I love this red scrappy one.  I used a new to me pantograph called "Gingersnap."  I love the look of it on this quilt.  I used a red SO Fine thread on top and a grey Bottom Line in the bobbin.


I recently shared Reneta's larger version of this Simply Dashing quilt.  Being the scrap queen that she is, she used her leftovers and with careful planning and the smallest amount of additional fabric she made the baby/lap size.


Reneta asked for the Maple Syrup pantograph and I was happy to oblige.



Wendy sent me this cheery purple and white quilt she made for her granddaughter.  Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate for any outdoor photos.  A pretty quilt needed a pretty pantograph so we decided on "Pieces of my Heart." 



And last but not least this darling log cabin baby quilt made by Tracy. She left the quilting choices up to me and decided some feathers and swirls would be just the right touch.


Sometimes I think it is fun to see the before and after shots.  


And one last shot of the back.









1 comment:

  1. Happy moving Lori. I hope your new home will have a studio that suits, and is as large as you need. Any move is huge, as we found at the end of last year, but we are adjusting to life on a small section, rather than the spacious 3 acres, hardly any lawn to mow, the new garden is doing well, ( no garden at all apart from 2 small neglected maple shrubs). It must be good to get those lovely quilts all done, love the red on black, that is stunning.

    ReplyDelete