Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Labyrinth Walk


I can't believe a month has passed since I posted some photos to this blog!  I have been busy quilting, celebrating my grad 12 graduate, selling my current house, buying a new one and getting things organized for our move at the end of the month. 

I had this please of quilting this one for Eileen back in May before the grass was fully greened up. The pattern is called "Labyrinth Walk" by the Guilty Quilter.  Eileen made this as a wedding gift for a very special nephew and his bride and we didn't want to post anything until after the wedding to keep the secret.


The fabrics in the quilt are just the prefect combination to enhance the 3D effect in the top. Eileen and I discussed quilting design options and she opted for the full custom treatment.  Pebbles in the light grey, diagonal line in the dark grey, horizontal lines in the black and just stitching in the ditch around all the white.  Eileen really did an outstanding job with the pressing the seams in this quilt, and it sure made things go smoothly for me.



The borders got a bead board treatment with "rays' in the corners.


Thanks for trusting me with this quilt Eileen.   It sure is a stunner.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the bride and groom loved it! Great work Eileen and Lori! Having quilted a few myself I know how much work that was to do!

    ReplyDelete