Friday, July 8, 2022

Oak Breeze


Donna brought this lovely quilt that was pieced by her friend Anne who sadly passed away too soon. Donna and other friends have been working to get all of Anne's projects across the finish line and I have been lucky to see many of them. 

 When Donna contacted me she wasn't sure what type of quilting finish she required, but thought possibly custom because some of the blocks contained hand applique.


Normally I don't like to put a pantograph design over hand applique, but there are exceptions to every rule.  When looking at the overall quilt - the busier prints, the medium- low contrast in most of the fabrics, I didn't think custom quilting would add to the top.  It would cost a lot more, and quite frankly might have been more of a distraction. 


 Donna and I looked through pantograph and thread choices and decided that the Oak Breeze pantograph would be a good fit, and we found a lovely thread to blend across the quilt - So Fine #516 Gondola Gold.  I think the pantograph lets the interesting fabric choices and sampler blocks shine and the quilting be in the background.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment