Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Cheeky Churn Dash

 


Carolyne brought this cheerful quilt and requested some custom quilting to add something special to the white open spaces.  The pattern is called Cheeky Churn Dash by Kustom Kwilter



Carolyne was drawn to more modern/geometric designs rather than anything flowery or feathery so after some doodling and texting ideas we settled on these designs.  For the colourful churn dash sections I added a ribbon meander in a blue thread.




For the border I stitched in the ditch around the coloured sections and added curls on either side.


Carolyne used all her extra fabrics to piece her backing. If she hadn't been extremely careful with her piecing and pressing, such a heavily pieced backing could have easily resulted in some pleats or tucks. (Happy to report there weren't any!)  I did learn that ruler work with so many seams isn't my favorite as at times I would feel some resistance, so I won't likely accept a highly pieced back for custom quilting in the future.  




No comments:

Post a Comment