Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Dots and Dashes

 


This fantastic scrap busting quilt was made by Reneta.  Reneta makes a lot of scrap quilts and I think this is one of my favorite patterns that she has used.  The pattern is called Dots and Dashes and you can check out the free tutorial here.


The pattern isn't really complex, but it is very effective.  When you look at the little individual squares it is hard to imagine how they will all look good together, but they certainly do!


Reneta selected the Dragon's Breath pantograph which is a lovely contrast to all of the squares.





6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous. Have spent ages looking at it to work out the pattern. I think I’ve got it now so I’ll have a go. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it possible to get the written pattern for this beautiful quilt. ?? I don't have a computer or printer. I do have my phone and a tablet. I also am not good at making a pattern just by looking at a picture. This is the first time I have seen a quilt like this. I love it. I live in NW Missouri, in the USA. ** Thanks for sharing this amazing quilt. ** Happy New Year. !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to make this one. It’s awesome!!! Is there a pattern or instructions for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just found it. There is a link at the end of the sentence under the first photo.

      Delete
  4. A bit cheeky, but I'm wondering if this could be done with 2 .5 " squares & 2 " strips. Would the blocks fit together in size do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I think you can, it would definitely make the quilt bigger. I might try it since I have a lot of 2 1/2 inch scrap squares.

    ReplyDelete