Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Double Wedding Ring - No Feathers


This lovely Double Wedding Ring Quilt belongs to Gale.  Gale and I have never met, but we did chat on the phone about her ideas for this quilt.  She really didn't have any strong preferences, she just wanted me to know that she didn't really care for feathers.  It seems I have quite a few clients who feel the same way!


This is the first DWR quilt that I have had the opportunity to work on, so I went looking online to get some inspiration.  The vast majority of DWR quilts are loaded right up with feathers!  It was a fun challenge to do something different.



 Gale's quilt is made by appliqueing the ring to the background fabric, and she chose a blanket stitch.  I decided that I didn't want to quilt on the rings, so I stitched in the ditch around them, and added the curls in the melons and a large flower motif in the center.


I wanted to keep the border simple, so piano keys seemed like the perfect option.



Gale provided a light beige backing allowing the quilting designs to come shining through.  Lots of pictures of this one because I am just so pleased with how it turned out!













8 comments:

  1. Turned out great, Gale will be so happy! I would be sad if I was told no feathers as you know how much I love them! If a client asks me to do a quilt like this with no feathers I'll send them to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous Lori! You should be pleased. Never too many photos LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very simple quilting gives it a "modern" twist. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely, Lori. The more modern quilting style gives the DWR a whole new lease on life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely! I think it is more challenging to come up with something besides feathers myself. Your quilting motifs have added a perky, fresh feel to a lovely top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I really love your ideas on this one and it is great to see one without feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job Lori - lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the feather motif in the center of the rings. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete