Our round robin blocks are complete and have been returned (or will be shortly) to their original owners. I am over the moon with the end results! You usually save the best for last, but I'm starting with mine, which I think is the best ;)!
Kathy added this great piano key border of our hand dyed fabric, which just adds another special element to the whole thing. It is about 36" in size and I can't wait to get it quilted so I can hang it in my studio. Below you can see the progression. My original block, Desley's addition and Bronwyn's applique.
This time around I got to add the final border to Kathy's. I was sure it needed a dark border, and I wanted to leave some open space for Kathy to do some fabulous quilting. My friends at the "Nimble Thimbles" in Gilbert Plains gave me lots of great suggestions.
I may have broken the rules slightly, as I added a green triangle to the corners of Desley's section, to help tie things all together. Kathy's quilt ended up being 54".
Here you can see the progress, Kathy's original, then with Bronwyn's flying geese, and Desley's on-point additions.
Browyn added these awesome borders to finish Desley's. I wish I could have seen this in person, but distances will just not allow so pictures will have to do. Desley's finished top is 50".
And the progress, Desley's block, Kathy's border and then my addition of the quarter dresden plates.
This is Bronwyn's completed top. I was having trouble figuring out the final size, but I am told it is 53", for some reason I was thinking it was much larger. Desley added a nice mix of printed fabric and piecing.
Here is the progress. Bronwyn's block, the first border that I added, and Kathy's celtic applique.
I have to say that I think they all turned out really well and suit the block that everyone started with. We all must think so, as we have decided to do it again! This time the instructions will be coming from Australia. Looking forward to it!
Thanks so much, Desley, Brownwyn and Kathy - I love this!!!