Thursday, February 25, 2021

Pretty Irish Chain with Applique

  

When Lori sent a photo of this quilt top asking for custom quilting (and especially feathers), I couldn't wait for it to get to the top of my list!


The recipient of this quilt loves feathers and more traditional quilting, so feathers wreaths were the request for the open white spaces.


I added continuous curves in the chain section, and because of the white in all the prints, I was able to use white thread for all the quilting.


The pretty flower details in the border were all hand appliqued.  I stitched around the applique and added a simple stipple backfill.


Finally simple loops the the small turquoise borders completed the look.


Lori provided a white on white backing and the quilting is so nice to look at on the back!


I really must put an Irish chain quilt on my to do list!









 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! A classic design so well executed. Love your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still my heart! A wonderful job Lori and Lori.

    ReplyDelete